By Rob Goodwin
Watch as the leaves begin to change and the hot days of summer fade away. Fall can be the perfect time to get away from your busy workday and find peace in the outdoors.
Fall is a great time to hike for several reasons:
- Comfortable temperatures: In many parts of the world, the weather during the fall season is cooler and more comfortable than the hot and humid temperatures of summer. This makes it easier to hike for longer periods of time without getting too hot or dehydrated.
- Beautiful scenery: The fall season is known for its stunning foliage, with leaves changing colour and creating a beautiful natural landscape. Hiking during this time allows you to fully appreciate and experience the season’s changing colours.
- Fewer crowds: Many people prefer to hike during the summer when the weather is warmer and school is out, but during the fall season, you’ll often find fewer crowds on the trails. This allows for a more peaceful and quiet hiking experience.
- Wildlife viewing: Fall is also a great time to spot wildlife, as animals are often more active during this season in preparation for winter.
- Seasonal events: Besides hiking, fall is a great time to participate in other seasonal activities, such as pumpkin picking or visiting local festivals. These can be great ways to make a day trip out of your hiking adventure and fully enjoy the season.
If you’re a fan of hiking, here are three of the best trails in the US to visit this fall.
White Dot Trail in New Hampshire
One of the fascinating places to explore during the fall is Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire; the White Dot Trail is nearly four miles long.
While it is a challenging and steep route, it has the most rewarding view. At the top, you will look around you and experience a 360 degree-view of nature’s elegance below you. Be sure to wear the right hiking gear to explore this area.
First Flatiron Trail in Colorado
Hiking trails in Colorado are a great place to experience an autumn outdoor journey.
Several cities offer gorgeous views and hiking trails, but one of the best trails is in Boulder, Colorado. First Flatiron is a great trail option if you’re looking for a trail nearby Boulder and Denver.
This trail can be a moderately challenging hike, but it will bring you to rock formations and a view of the summer leaves transforming into a beautiful array of warm colours.
The Green Mountains in Vermont
If you love beautiful autumn foliage, Vermont could be the perfect place to go on a hiking trip this fall.
Mount Mansfield is the highest mountain in Vermont, and the trails are a beautiful adventure. You will see streams, bridges, and a serene lake on your journey.
One trail you don’t want to miss is the Sunset Ridge Trail which extends about three miles and will take you above the foliage.
Another trail is over seven miles long, called the Mount Mansfield Loop Trail. It can be a difficult trail, but it will give you the ultimate sightseeing experience. No matter which trails you choose, the Green Mountains in Vermont are a beautiful sight.
As the seasons change, the fall weather can be one of the most beautiful times of the year to experience nature, and hiking is one of the greatest ways to do it. Enjoy these and other fall hiking trails!